Account manager position available
Junior account manager
Are you looking to join a dynamic, full service digital marketing agency based in Cape Town? Every day at the Yellow Door Collective office is different, with a wide range of both local and international retainer clients, and multiple projects on the go at any one time.
A day in the life of an account manager ranges from strategic planning and client liaison to writing content for social media, blogs, newsletters and press releases; managing ad campaigns; and liaising with media. A big part of the role is to manage your team and liaise with clients.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thinks on their feet and is reliable, responsible and able to multitask. We’re a small, close knit team and would like to continue to employ people who think outside the box and are keen to grow with the business.
Qualifications and experience
• Tertiary qualification (preferably in marketing or advertising).
• Two years’ experience in the industry as an account manager or similar role.
• In-depth understanding of social media platforms.
• Experience using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
• Bonus: Excellent, creative writing ability
Skills and personal characteristics:
• Upbeat and energetic
• Excellent communication skills – written, telephonic and face-to-face
• An eye for detail
• A passionate about strategy
• Excellent time and people management skills
• Team player
• Hard working and eager to learn
• Embrace feedback
• Manage stressful situations
• Strong presentation
· Be the main point of contact for several clients
· Manage and lead a team of 2 – 4 people
· Stay on top of trends and new technology
· Create and implement marketing strategies
· Create engaging and creative social media updates
· Develop campaign ideas
· Ensure deadlines are met
· Create design briefs and manage the design team
· Create monthly reports
The successful candidate needs their own laptop and must be available to work from our office in Gardens, Cape Town, ideally from mid-February 2017.
Ideally mid- February 2017 (we will consider candidates that can only start in March 2017)
To apply for the position:
Email your CV, cover letter and an example of your previous work to email@example.com by 23 January 2017
Please use the following subject line: “YDC Application – [your full name]”.
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter and receive updates about our latest news and blog posts.
- Words that work – write better copy
- Branding in the age of experience
- The art of engagement - how to engage with your target audience
- Q&A with Christine Bergh
- Corporate vs. agency: to what design are you inclined?
- How to upsell in a tough economy
- How to effectively measure your digital marketing efforts