6-month marketing internship with yellow door collective
Are you looking to join a dynamic, full service digital marketing agency based in Cape Town? Every day at the Yellow Door Collective office is different, with a wide range of both local and international retainer clients, and multiple projects on the go at any one time.
A day in the life of an intern ranges from helping with administration and writing content for social media, blogs, newsletters and press releases to taking part in strategic planning and brainstorming new ideas for clients.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to work in a team and is reliable, responsible and willing to learn. We’re a small, close knit team and would like to continue to employ people who think outside the box and are keen to learn new skills.
Qualifications and experience
• A tertiary qualification in marketing or business related fields
• An interest in marketing or social media.
• Previous experience as an intern would be a bonus, but is not required.
• A basic understanding of social media platforms.
• Experience using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and/ or Google Docs and Sheets.
• Bonus: good writing ability.
Skills and personal characteristics:
• Upbeat and energetic
• Willing to learn
• Good communication skills
• Team player
• Hard working and eager to learn
• Embraces feedback
· Help team with writing content for blog posts, social media and press releases
· Help with scheduling updates
· Take part in strategy sessions
· Help with administration (PR send outs, getting quotes, etc.)
· Think of creative ways to improve existing strategies
Requirements & location:
The successful candidate needs to have their own laptop and must be available to work from our office in Gardens, Cape Town.
Ideally mid- February 2017 (we will consider candidates that can only start in March 2017)
To apply for the position:
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2017
Please use the following subject line: “YDC Intern Application – [your full name]”.
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter and receive updates about our latest news and blog posts.
- Find your passion and learn how to market it
- Coffee, printing and papercuts: an intern’s perspective
- Q&A with Kirsten Meintjes
- Make time for the people that matter most
- 5 reasons your small business needs a marketing plan
- 4 ways to create a world class online survey
- Lights. Camera. Instagram – a practical guide to improving your feed