Internship at Yellow Door Collective: design & social media management
Job title and description:
Design & social media intern
We are looking for a dynamic young person to join Yellow Door Collective, a full service digital marketing agency based in Cape Town. Every day at the office is different, servicing a wide range of both local and international clients – and with multiple projects on the go at any one time.
Design tasks range from designing pixel-perfect content for social media marketing; newsletters, branding collateral and website design. In addition, you will assist with every day tasks such as social media management and content creation.
• Design related tertiary qualification
• A portfolio of work
• Detailed understanding of social media platforms
• Experience using design programs and software (including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
• Experience using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
Skills and personal characteristics:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – written, telephonic and face-to-face
- Time management skills
- Team player
- Hard working and eager to learn
- Welcome constructive feedback
Skills that would be beneficial and give you an edge:
• Understanding HTML / CSS / JS / PHP
• Wordpress and SEO best practice
• Understanding of UI and UX
• Video editing
• Experience on Hootsuite and Business Facebook
The successful candidate needs their own laptop with design software and must be available to work from our office in Gardens, Cape Town from late August 2017.
R4 000/ month
To apply for the position:
Email your CV, cover letter and an example of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2017.
Please use the following subject line: “YDC Application – [your full name]”.
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter and receive updates about our latest news and blog posts.
- Find your passion and learn how to market it
- Coffee, printing and papercuts: an intern’s perspective
- Q&A with Kirsten Meintjes
- Make time for the people that matter most
- 5 reasons your small business needs a marketing plan
- 4 ways to create a world class online survey
- Lights. Camera. Instagram – a practical guide to improving your feed