Account executive position with Yellow Door Collective
Are you looking to join a dynamic, full-service digital marketing agency based in Cape Town? Every day at the Yellow Door Collective office is different, with a wide range of both local and international retainer clients, and multiple projects on the go at any one time.
A day in the life of an account executive ranges from planning and writing content for social media, blogs, newsletters and press releases; brainstorming with the team and giving strategic input on campaigns; creating design briefs; managing ad campaigns and competitions; to liaising with media.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thinks on their feet and is reliable, responsible and able to multitask. We’re a small, close knit team and would like to continue to employ people who think outside the box and are keen to grow with the business.
We value balance, attention to detail, integrity, and authenticity – and look forward to developing the skill set and strengths of the person we hire.
Qualifications and experience
• Tertiary qualification (preferably in marketing or advertising).
• At least one year of experience in the industry as an account executive or similar role.
• In-depth understanding of social media platforms.
• Understanding of Google Analytics and Insights.
• Experience using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
• Bonus: Excellent, creative writing ability
Skills and personal characteristics
• Upbeat and energetic
• Excellent communication skills – written, telephonic and face-to-face
• An eye for detail
• Deadline driven
• Passionate about strategy
• Excellent time and people management skills
• Team player
• Hard working and eager to learn
• Embrace feedback
• Manage stressful situations
• Strong presentation skills
• Stay on top of trends and new technology
• Create and implement marketing strategies
• Create engaging and creative content for social media
• Add to campaign ideas
• Create design briefs and brief the design team
• Create monthly reports
The successful candidate needs their own laptop and must be available to work from our office in Gardens, Cape Town.
Ideally 2 October 2017 (we will consider candidates that can only start mid-October 2017)
R120 000 - R150 000 per year, cost to company.
To apply for the position
Email your CV, cover letter and an example of your previous work to email@example.com.
Please use the following subject line: “YDC Application – [your full name]”.
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter and receive updates about our latest news and blog posts.
- Words that work – write better copy
- Branding in the age of experience
- The art of engagement - how to engage with your target audience
- Q&A with Christine Bergh
- Corporate vs. agency: to what design are you inclined?
- How to upsell in a tough economy
- How to effectively measure your digital marketing efforts