Come and experience a 6-month marketing internship with us
Are you looking to join a dynamic, full-service digital marketing agency based in Cape Town? Every day at the Yellow Door office is different, with a wide range of retainer clients, and multiple projects on the go at any one time.
A day in the life of an intern includes:
- Writing content for social media and blog posts
- Social media community management
- Scheduling content on social media
- Basic WordPress website development
- Image creation using Canva
- Taking part in strategic planning and brainstorming new ideas for clients
- Sourcing quotes
- Updating media lists
- Creating reports
Our ideal candidate is someone who is reliable, responsible and willing to learn. We’re a small, close-knit team and would like to continue to employ people who think outside the box and identify with our company values (having a can-do and care-why attitude, integrity, authenticity and consistency).
Qualifications and experience:
• A tertiary qualification in marketing or business-related fields
• An interest in digital marketing and social media specifically
• A basic understanding of social media platforms and Wordpress
• Experience using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and Google Docs and Sheets
• Bonus points for:
- previous experience as an intern/ office-related experience
- an ability to write well
- SEO best practice
- an understanding of UI and UX
- video editing
- experience on Hootsuite and Business Facebook
Skills and personal characteristics:
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Enthusiastic & willing to learn
• Team player
• Hard working
• Embraces feedback
Requirements & location:
The successful candidate needs to have their own laptop and must be available to work from our office in Gardens, Cape Town.
Ideally early to mid-October 2018
R5 500 per month
To apply for the position:
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 September 2018
Please use the following subject line: “YDC internship application – [your full name]”.
Watch our video!
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter and receive updates about our latest news and blog posts.
- Have you pledged a shoebox for Christmas yet?
- Come and experience a 6-month marketing internship with us
- 3 reasons why hosting a workshop will add value to your business
- 7 Steps to master the 80/20 revenue model
- From feeds to stories: what’s new in the world of Instagram
- You are a creative genius, you just don't know it yet
- Find your passion and learn how to market it