Conservation Travel Africa
A marketing audit case study
Conservation Travel Africa provides volunteers with meaningful and ethical travel experiences throughout Southern Africa. They are dedicated to bridging the gap between wildlife conservation and community development.
Most business owners and managers are so busy working in the business, that they struggle to find the head space or time to stop and look at the big picture. Having done a few ad hoc projects with the CTA team, we realised that Yellow Door could add real value by giving an external perspective on their current marketing efforts – to identify what’s working, what’s not and how to get better results within the current budget.
Between a few Skype calls, online questionnaires and lots of research, we:
- Gave feedback on how to improve on current marketing efforts. For example: a more consistent style on Instagram, and more video content.
- Identified what’s not working, and how to fix it. For example: ways to reach volunteers and engage with influencers.
- Provided examples of content with a revised tone and style.
- Offered suggestions on what to outsource. For example: video testimonials and an on-site SEO audit.
- Shared time saving and productivity tips. For example: use Planoly to schedule Instagram posts.