Yellow Door is hiring: the position is for a junior account manager who is up for a challenge and is passionate about all things marketing.
Are you a dynamic person who is highly organised and detail-oriented but can still see the big picture? Are you eager to learn new skills and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment? We’re looking for someone who will embrace and add to our company culture, and invest in relationships with each of their new clients. Does this sound like you? Then read on.
Junior account/ project manager
Account/ project manager for 5 – 8 mid-size brands. This includes being the main point of contact for each client, creating briefs for social media, blog posts and newsletters, liaising with our team of writers and designers, proofreading content; and overseeing an intern who will assist with scheduling, community management and admin. In addition, you will be asked to manage website development projects which includes creating the brief, liaising with the designer and developer and keeping the client in the loop every step of the way.
You will be working in a close-knit team that prides itself on being agile, on time and taking a strategic approach to every opportunity or challenge. It’s important to us that we have fun doing it, in an environment that’s relaxed, friendly and every person in the team wants to be part of.
We are looking for someone who is organised, efficient, a problem-solver, can think on their feet and identifies with our company values (having a can-do and care-why attitude, integrity, authenticity and consistency).
- Taking initiative and ownership of accounts or projects
- Managing a diverse portfolio of clients and being the primary point of contact for 5 – 8 clients in various industries
- Managing client expectations and quality service delivery (ensuring they are updated on projects regularly)
- Adding value to clients’ businesses by identifying opportunities outside the scope of work
- Managing a team of creatives
- Managing an intern
- Staying on top of trends and new technology
- Proofreading content
- Briefing creatives
- Managing workflow and deadlines
- Overseeing social media community management
- Pulling and analysing data for reports
Qualifications and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in marketing or business-related fields
- At least 18 months experience in a relevant role at an agency
- A comprehensive understanding of all social media & advertising platforms
- Basic understanding of WordPress and websites in general
- Experience using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and Google Docs and Sheets
- Bonus points for:
- strategic thinking
- an ability to write well
- SEO best practice
- HTML/ CSS skills
- digital marketing and/ or advertising experience
- experience using Photoshop or Illustrator
- video editing
- experience on Slack, Hootsuite/SocialBee and Business Facebook
Skills and personal characteristics:
- Professional approach to work and client relationships
- Personable and able to build meaningful relationships
- A technical mind/ understanding of technology
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic & willing to learn
- Team player
- Adaptive and good at problem-solving
- Good time management
- Embraces challenges and feedback
- Calm and able to manage stressful situations without panic
- Work from home one afternoon per week
- Wrap up at 3pm on a Friday if you’ve hit your targets for the week
- Bonus leave over Christmas and New Year
- Work closely with our founders Emma & Dom
- Every day is different, and there is a lot of potential for growth
- An opportunity to play to your strengths and sign up for courses/ webinars to learn new skills
- Team building activities from yoga in the park to sundowners on the beach!
Late February 2022
Starting from R14 000 – R16 000, depending on experience and expertise, with the opportunity to grow
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION:
Complete our online questionnaire, and submit your CV and cover letter at the end of the form.